ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing
Course Code: UCG-5DC-ATHE Duration: 08 Month
Delivery Mode: 100% online with tutor support Created By: UCG Gujranwala
Award by: ATHE (Awards for Training & Higher Education) England- www.ofqual.gov.uk
Assessments & Verification: All units within this qualification are internally assessed via assignments and externally verified by the awarding organisation. There are no examinations in this course.
Short Description: ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing qualification covers a broad range of computing specialisms and were developed to provide a foundation of skills and knowledge for those working in a variety of roles such as Programming, Information Systems Management, Web Development, Software Engineering and more. The ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification. It provides the core knowledge, understanding and skills to support learners planning to further their studies in computing. It is equivalent to the second year of a degree programme in computing and learners may progress into employment in the sector or into the final year of a bachelor’s degree.
Who is this qualification for?
Building on the Level 4 Diploma in Computing, the Level 5 Diploma in Computing includes core areas such as programming, but also higher level subjects such as Strategic Management Information Systems, Computing Research Methods, and Managing a Computing Project.
The qualification was designed to support progression to the third year of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
Title Level Credit GLH
Cyber Security 5 12 48
Database Design and Development 5 12 48
Web Based Development 5 12 48
Network Design 5 12 48
Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT 5 12 48
Strategic Management Information Systems 5 12 48
Innovative Technologies in Computing 5 12 48
Computing Research Methods 5 12 48
Managing a Computing Project 5 12 48
Software Development Methodologies 5 12 48
Course Material: Course material, including presentations; handouts, assignment briefs and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners also get the course handbook and tutorial via emails to support the learning.
What does the qualification progress to? Learners who complete this qualification can progress onto a variety of bachelor degree top-up programmes at a university, including those where we have progression agreements. For more information, please visit our progression routes page.
Certification: The Diploma is issued by the ATHE- Awarding Organisation. UCG Institute/Premier Law College is an accredited and approved delivery Centre (Center ID Number: 1443) for the qualification.
• Age: 19 +
• Prior study in computing or related subjects at level 4 or above
• A level 4 qualification, for example an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Computing
• Other equivalent international qualifications
Key facts about Level 5 Diploma in Business and Management:
• 100% Online: Study online with the UK’s leading online course provider.
• Global Programme: Study anytime, anywhere using your laptop, phone or a tablet.
• Study material: Comprehensive study material and e-library support available at no additional cost.
• Payment plans: Interest free monthly, quarterly and half yearly payment plans available for all courses.
• Transform your career: Enroll today and make a life changing decision, get necessary knowledge to transform your career.
• Move up in your career: With our fully accredited course, you can move up to the next level in your organisation with ease.
• Upgrade your skills: Add value to your current educational profile and achieve skill sets to compete in your job role.
• Cost effective: Typically a British qualification starts from GBP £4000 per annum, but with UCG, you enjoy savings of up to 60% on your educational investment.
• Support: We offer live tutor support via online chat and email for all qualifications delivered by us.